February 17, 2020

Shout-Out!

        This is just a quick shout-out to two artists I met at Boskone 57 this weekend, who gave me lovely little pieces of their art.  I read excerpts from On the Virtues of Beasts of the Realms of Imagination at the Broad Universe Rapid-Fire Reading session, and afterwards received these treasures.  What a delightful surprise!
        First, a herd of umbrellaphants floating down, using their umbels to slow their descent.  It’s especially fun to see this view, since my own illustration of an umbrellaphant is just standing there.  This was done by Leafia S.C. with warmth and charm.
        Second, a sampling of calligraphy pieces by the Driveby Calligrapher.  As it says on her business card, “I write down things other people have written, but fancier.”  And what makes both these artists’ work even more fun is that they were done on the spot as we were reading our short pieces, and presented to me afterwards.
        So I’m sending out a big Thank You to these two talented and generous artists.  Your work spreads joy, and that’s Vitally Important!





[Pictures: Umbrellaphants by Leafia S.C., 2020;
Calligraphy by The Driveby Calligrapher, 2020 (Visit her Twitter @dbcalligrapher).]

No comments: