Pages

September 16, 2026

Flights of Foundry Signpost

         This weekend I’ll be participating in Flights of Foundry, an all-virtual, global, interdisciplinary convention for the speculative arts.  Since this will be my first time at Flights of Foundry, I can’t tell you much about what it will be like, but nevertheless I’ve made my usual pre-con signpost to point out more resources for anyone interested in the programming I’m on.


Reading - Once again I’ve got my reading scheduled early in the con before I have a chance to advertise it at my other appearances!  Still, this could be interesting because I’ve got a 50 minute slot, which will give me time to answer lots of questions, take requests, and share a lot more than is usually possible.  (As long as anyone comes, of course!)

        All I’ll share here is the listing of all my published writing.


Art Showcase - I’m not entirely sure what to expect from this one, but the resources I want to highlight are

        All my currently available work listed on my web page

        My handout of materials, tools, and instructions for making relief block prints

        Process - all the blog posts talking about my own process for particular pieces

        Step-by-Step - all the blog posts giving instructions on particular techniques


What Makes Good Character Design - As I look through past posts on my process for particular pieces (to see them all, see the link above), I find that I haven’t much discussed the character design of humans!  But here are a few posts that may be relevant.

        Jubjub Bird

        Grand Marhoot

        Portrait of the Artist with Muses

        Billy Goats Gruff (and Troll)


Finding Hope Through Creativity - Here are just a few posts, mostly about the importance of stories with hope, and the use of spec fic to imagine hopeful futures.

        A Desperate Little Exhortation About (Bitter)Sweetness and Light

        Happy Endings

        A Bit of Hope

        Books for Hope

        Negativity Bias

        Toxic Positivity

        The Tolstoy Fallacy

        Writing the Future

        Ursula LeGuin Says It Right

        Art Changes People

        International Peace Day

        Writing While Stressed

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, but please no spam, ads, hateful language, or other abuse of this community.